|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Christina Victoria Grimmie (March 12, 1994-June 10, 2016) was an American singer and songwriter, known for her participation in the NBC singing competition The Voice and for her covers of hit songs by contemporary pop musicians. In June 2011, she released her debut EP, Find Me. Her studio album With Love was released in 2013. A second EP, Side A, was released in 2016.
In 2014, Grimmie took part in season 6 of The Voice and finished in third place. Adam Levine, her coach on the show, announced in the finale that regardless of the results he would sign her to his label 222 Records. Lil Wayne also offered to sign her to his label, Young Money Entertainment. She was signed with Island Records for a short time before being dropped.
Grimmie died on June 10, 2016, of gunshot wounds inflicted in a targeted attack that followed her concert performance in Orlando, Florida.
She was a friend of Selena Gomez.
- She was discovered by Selena Gomez's stepfather, Brian Teefey. Brian was Christina's manager.
- She has joined Selena on two of her tours as the opening act. She sung on the We Own the Night Tour (2011-2012) and the Stars Dance Tour (2013).
- Before Christina was famous, she sung Selena's song "A Year Without Rain".
- She has previously sung backup vocals for Selena Gomez & the Scene.
- Selena appeared in one of Christina's vlogs on YouTube.
- In that video, Christina called Selena "fabulous" and so did Selena.
- Also in that video, Selena invited Christina to watch a movie with her and Christina accepted.
- On February 25, 2014, Selena tweeted that she was proud of Christina and that she thought she had an "amazing" performance on The Voice.