|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|“||There are a lot of people I look up to. But the person whose story has touched me the most is Katy Perry['s]. She’s worked really hard to get to where she is, and it certainly didn’t happen overnight for her.||”|
– Selena in an interview with The Skanner
Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful. She moved to Los Angeles the following year to venture into secular music after Red Hill ceased operations. After adopting the stage name Katy Perry and being dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records, she signed a recording contract with Capitol Records in April 2007.
She is friends with Selena Gomez.
- Katy gave Selena a previously unused demo titled, "Rock God", for Selena Gomez & the Scene's 2010 album, A Year Without Rain.
- Katy co-wrote another track titled, "That's More Like It", for the band's 2011 album, When the Sun Goes Down.
- In the Dream Out Loud Live Chat in 2011, Selena named Katy as the popstar she’d like to emulate the style of: “I love her style. I think she’s obviously older than me, so she represents more of like the ’sensual woman’. And I like that. That she’s just confident and she’s got curves and she loves it and she flaunts it. And I think it’s really cute and it’s different.”
- Katy and Selena sat near each other on the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012 and 2013.
- Selena went to the premiere of Part of Me, Katy's autobiographical movie.
- Selena covered Katy's song, Hot n Cold for her debut tour.
- Selena covered Katy's song "Roar" for her Stars Dance Tour.
- They were both at the UNICEF Snowflake Ball in November 2012.
- Selena said that Katy is one of her influences in an interview with Access Hollywood.
- In an interview with Kiss 95.1, Selena talked about Katy. She said, "Katy Perry has been really great to me. She's always given me really good sisterly advice. We've gone on hikes together where she'll just lay it out on the line and I really appreciate that."
- In the March 2014 issue of Seventeen magazine, Selena said that she talked to Katy about "guys who are intimidated with strong girls."
- ↑ Selena talks about Katy in an interview with The Skanner
- ↑ “Selena Gomez Dream Out Loud Live Chat 11-15-2011 Part 2 (Full HD 1080p).” at 00:06:52, Youtube. Accessed 2015-05-30.
- ↑ People - Selena Gomez Biography