|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Miley Ray Cyrus
November 23, 1992 (age 23)
Actress, singer-songwriter, dancer, musician
|Status with Selena||
Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Born and raised in Franklin, Tennessee, she held minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish in her childhood. Cyrus became a teen idol for her portrayal of the starring character Miley Stewart in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana in 2006; her father Billy Ray Cyrus additionally starred in the show. Cyrus subsequently signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records; her debut studio album Meet Miley Cyrus (2007) was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for exceeding three million shipments. Cyrus released her second album Breakout and launched her film career as a voice actress in the animated film Bolt in 2008.
Cyrus starred in the feature film Hannah Montana: The Movie and began cultivating a maturing image with her EP The Time of Our Lives in 2009. In 2010, she released her third album Can't Be Tamed, which stands as the lowest-selling record of her career, and starred in the coming-of-age film The Last Song. During production of the movie, she began an on-again, off-again relationship with her co-star Liam Hemsworth. Cyrus focused on her acting career with several television and film appearances in 2011 and 2012. Her sexually explicit behavior generated widespread controversy while promoting her fourth album Bangerz (2013), her first under her recording contract with RCA Records. Cyrus' independently-released fifth studio album Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015) deviated from her traditional pop style for more psychedelic experimentation. In 2016, she was announced as a coach for the eleventh season of the singing competition series The Voice.
With Bangerz, Cyrus achieved her third number-one album on the U.S. Billboard 200, and fifth overall including the soundtrack albums for Disney's Hannah Montana series. She has logged seven top 10 entries on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with "See You Again", "7 Things", "The Climb", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Can't Be Tamed", "We Can't Stop" and the chart-topping "Wrecking Ball". Cyrus' catalog has earned numerous awards and nominations. Cyrus ranked number thirteen on Forbes' Celebrity 100 in 2010, and in 2013 was declared "Artist of the Year" by MTV. She has been included on the Time 100 list of most influential people in 2008 and 2014.
She is Selena Gomez's friend. Cyrus and Gomez both worked on the hit series Hannah Montana, Cyrus playing the lead character, Hannah Montana and Gomez playing Mikayla. Also, Cyrus and Gomez collaborated on a song for Disney's Friends for Change called "Send It On", along with collaborating with other Disney artists such as The Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato. The two have been seen at various events together. It is unknown if they are still in contact today.
- In 2009 or 2010, Selena and Miley were reportedly having a "feud". Although, Selena has stated otherwise.
- On Selena's first day on the Disney set, she tripped and fell. Miley stood up for her. However, it is unknown if this is true.
- Concerning the release of Miley’s album Bangerz with the hit single Wrecking Ball, Selena urged her instagram audience not to judge her: “Society judges people only on the outside. If you actually pay attention to the music, you'll see how broken she is. Never judge, ever... #wreckingball” – selenagomezhr, 2013-09-13T14:03:37 
- In February 2014, it has been said by unknown sources that Selena doesn't like Miley anymore because of her new image.
- Selena, in an interview, officially confirmed that Selena actually does enjoy Miley's music and considers her a friend, but doesn't know if she feels the same way.