Polydor Ltd. is a British record label/company, that operates as part of Universal Music Group. Selena worked with Polydor Records on her latest album "REVIVAL". Selena left Hollywood Records and joined Interscope and Polydor and continued to work with and for them. She released "Revival" in Japan on Universal, and "Revival" in the U.S.A. on Interscope, it was also released worldwide on both labels adding Polydor Records to the mix.
British Artists who have worked with/for/on Polydor Ltd. Records include: Ellie Goulding, Cheryl Cole, Elton John, the 1975, The Saturdays, James Brown, Take That, Girls Aloud and Janet Jackson, among a lot of others.
American Artists who have worked with/for/on Polydor Ltd. Records include: Lana Del Rey, Haim, Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani, Ester Dean, Fergie and Dr. Dre, among others.
In 2006, Polydor launched Fascination Records, a music label dedicated to pop music. Selena Gomez and her band entitled "Selena Gomez & the Scene" were signed to "Fascination Records", including several pop acts from US label Hollywood Records, such as Gomez's good friends (at the time): Demi Lovato, the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus.
- In 1972 the British Polydor Records Ltd. was renamed to Polydor Ltd.
- In 2006, Polydor launched Fascination Records, a music label dedicated to pop music.
- In 2008, A&M Records UK was founded as an imprint of Polydor UK.
- Though Polydor's American branch is nearly inactive,the U.K. Polydor remains one of the strongest labels in the country.
- Polydor label was founded in April, 2nd, in 1913, by German Polyphon-Musikwerke AG in Leipzig and registered 25. of July 1914.