|“||[Slow Down] is basically about having that moment—that one night that you don't want to end.||”|
– Selena Gomez talks about "Slow Down"
|Featured Artist(s)||Selena Gomez|
|Released||June 4, 2013|
|Writer(s)||Lindy Robbins, Julia Michaels, Niles Hollowell-Dhar, David Kuncio, Freddy Wexler|
"Slow Down" is the second single from American recording artist and actress Selena Gomez from her debut studio album Stars Dance. The song was premiered and released for digital download with the album's iTunes pre-order on June 3, 2013. It was released as a radio single on August 13, 2013. Gomez has stated numerous times that this track is her favourite from the Stars Dance album.
"Slow Down" was written by Lindy Robbins, Julia Michaels, Niles Hollowell-Dhar, David Kuncio and Freddy Wexler and was produced by Hollowell-Dhar under the production team pseudonym The Cataracs. The song is dance-pop track and it features various dubstep influences, besides a dance rhythm while the song's lyrics speak of taking a relationship slowly rather than rushing into things.
The music video was recorded on 25th and 26th of May 2013 in Paris, France. The music video was released on July 20, 2013.
- Gomez performed "Slow Down" at the MuchMusic Headquarters on May 30, 2013 in Toronto, Canada.
- She performed the song at the 103.3 Macy birthday bash.
- She performed the song at the Macy 4th of July special event.
- She performed the song on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on July 24, 2013.
- She performed the song on Good Morning America and Live with Kelly and Michael on July 26, 2013.
- "Slow Down" was also performed in the Stars Dance Tour in all tour events.
- She performed the song on Surprise, Surprise on September 20, 2013.
- She performed the song in The View on October 17, 2013.
- She performed the song in The Late Show with David Letterman on October 17, 2013.
- She performed the song on The X Factor on November 14, 2013.
- She performed the song at Z100's Jingle Ball on December 13, 2013.
|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|