|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|“||Taylor is one of the most positive, inspirational and good-hearted people that I know. I met her when she was 18, and this was before Fearless came out. It's absolutely incredible to see somebody so successful and so humble. She's a big part of me.||”|
– Selena Gomez in an interview with Famous
Taylor Alison Swift (born December 13, 1989) is an American singer-songwriter. Raised in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, she moved to Nashville, Tennessee, at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music. She signed with the independent label Big Machine Records and became the youngest songwriter ever signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. The release of Swift's eponymous debut album in 2006 marked the start of her career as a country music singer. Her third single, "Our Song", made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart.
- She used to be dating Taylor Lautner—so did Selena—but it ended.
- Selena and Taylor sat together on the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012.
- They both won a People's Choice Award, Kids Choice Award, and Teen Choice Award.
- They both act and perform.
- Selena has covered Taylor's song, You Belong with Me, for a tour.
- Taylor says in an interview that she can count on Selena for career advice.
- Selena Gomez says that Taylor loves her new song titled "Come & Get It".
- Taylor says that Selena and her were similar and the way they deal with each other was very sisterly.
- Taylor dedicated her song "22" to Selena.
- Taylor wished Selena a happy 21st birthday on July 22, 2013.
- Taylor helped Selena in recording Stars Dance.
- Taylor said that Selena is trustworthy, not judgemental and a good listener.
- Once, Taylor gave Selena a big bouquet of flowers for Selena's birthday. It was so big that two guys had to carry it to her house.
- In an interview with Seventeen, Selena said, "Every single problem I ever have is healable by Taylor Swift! If I ever I have an issue, Taylor has gone through it, because she's older than me, and she gives the most thought-out answers. And what I love about Taylor is that she does believe in the whole love story and Prince Charming and soul mates. Because of her, I haven't lost faith. We literally talk every day."
- In another interview with Seventeen, Selena talked about Taylor. "I’d love to go on vacation with Taylor [Swift]. I’ve been able to fly to Nashville to see her, and she’ll come to LA a lot, but it’d be nice to get away. It would be really fun. I’ve known Taylor for over three years now, so we’re at the point where we just get each other." said Selena.
- In an interview with Lily Rodgers, Taylor said, "Selena is one of my best friends, she is one of my favorite people to talk to and hang out with, and I'm very proud of her."
- Selena shared a story with Taylor Swift to Ryan Seacrest, saying: "One of my favorite stories with Taylor Swift was when I was going through a very hard breakup. She came to my house at 10:30 at night and knocked on my door. I opened it, and she had two big bags of junk food, cookies, Snickers and soda. She put it on the table, put her laptop on, we made a video, and she told me that now we could look forward to breakups, since we know the other one will get us junk food."
- Selena posted a photo on Instagram with Demi Lovato and Taylor. The photo featured Taylor and Selena hanging out and talking to Demi via FaceTime.
- In mid-March 2014, it was reported that Taylor and Selena fought because of Justin Bieber, and are no longer friends. However, they are still friends and broke the rumors when they attended Met Gala together.
- Selena was part of an all-star cast including Martha Hunt, Lena Dunham, Jessica Alba, Gigi Hadid, and many others who appeared in Taylor's video for her song, "Bad Blood", which premiered on May 17, 2015 during the 2015 Billboard Music Awards.
- ↑ "The 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time". http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-songwriters#taylor-swift. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- ↑ Vincent, Alice (November 24, 2014). "Taylor Swift at AMAs 2014: 'music is valuable'". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/11249535/Taylor-Swift-at-AMAs-2014-music-is-valuable.html. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- ↑ Wilson, Carl (October 29, 2014). "Contemplating Taylor Swift's Navel". http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/music_box/2014/10/taylor_swift_s_1989_reviewed_could_the_secret_to_the_pop_star_s_world_conquering.html. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- ↑ Taylor Swift on "Come and Get It"
- ↑ Taylor wishing Selena a happy birthday
- ↑ Selena's Instagram picture